This week you….
- Came home for a visit and were so so so happy to be back!
- Told Mummy it was very hard work trying to get healthy
- Clutched your froggy and watched intensely as your city came into view again, you were so excited you had little tears coming down your cheeks
- Cried as you said “home, home, home, Mummy, I’m home”
- Made boats in your little school for more medically fragile children
- Had a nasty nasty cold
- Planted Mummy a flower at school
- Held caterpillars when I took you to our community garden
- Continued to have some challenges with your leg
- Had to say goodbye to one of the other children there, your “only best friend”, when he moved
- Helped Mummy breathe by being so well
- Were so beautifully kind to your sister, stroking her back and saying “it’s ok” when she was sad.
- Told Mummy “Mummies and tea make everything better”.
- Were your kind, wonderful self each and every day
- Loooooooved having your brother home and cried when he had to go back
- Passed another level of swimming (oh my!) and decided you wanted to try to be on a swim team
- Worked very hard to learn definitions for your school test
- Kindly helped Mummy prepare for a friend coming over for tea
- Coped well with Mummy going out for an evening
- Had a very hard lesson about always telling the truth and were engaged when we needed to have a serious talk about why truth telling and being your best self can be hard with your background (lack of trust), but why it is even more important because of that background.
- Wrote apology cards to Mummy, Grandma, your teacher and Principal for the lack of truth-telling
- Enjoyed blueberry tea with Mummy one day
- Were very helpful taking care of the pets
- Read so beautifully and animatedly one day that I was blown over by your progress in 2 short years
- Were very kind to Mummy when my homemade apple pie was a bit of a flop!