Things are a changing. In fact, lately it seems like every day is filled with something new, or the anticipation of something new. And some changes are longed for and others more than a bit melancholy producing. As I write these words, I’m reminded of a favourite quote:
““All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another” Anatole France
- I found out after my last post that the Simple, Green and Frugal the co-op has been closed. Despite my lack of ability to post often this year (family expansion and all), having been involved since 2008 when it began, I will very much miss writing, the authors involved in the blog and the readers. It was such a rich source of knowledge and I wish everyone well.
- My friend leaves on Friday to return to the UK. I shall really miss her and having another adult around
- Only a little over one more week until our family vacation – though my children, with their history, don’t really understand the idea we will come back. It is a reminder to me that changes are hard for them
- The Tour de France will end soon – I’m a tad more than a little obsessed and am dreading its ending, though I just remembered the Olympics then begin!
- My mum is returning to Canada to live!
- The summer is almost half over – say it isn’t so
- As we complete our formal adoption process, my children will soon have their new surname!
So many good things. So many.