I made some major mistakes with my food this weekend, not realizing spelt contains gluten I ate it Friday, Saturday & Sunday - not a good choice. Add to that a walk in the cold on Friday & Saturday and a resurfacing allergy to corn, plus a new allergy to something in sushi and well let’s just say I’m covered in blotches on my face & torso, my face is on fire & my hands & legs are cracked & bleeding. All because I didn’t properly read the ingredients and got lazy! Stupid stupid me!!
So last night I made a decision – I went out & bought healing foods, things I wouldn’t normally buy. I decided my only goal this week was to be gluten free, I won’t be eating seasonally and I’m even going to have some fish. I simply need to heal my skin. I should also add, that many wonderful people suggested that there is probably something going on inside causing the reaction on the outside, I agree completely, but sadly at this time a naturopath and accupuncturist are not options.
So my non-vegan, non-seasonal eating menu plan this week is….
- Yoghurt with flax seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds & cut up strawberries x 4
- Beans on gluten free toast, cut up orange slices x 2
- Gluten free pancakes, almond butter, canned pears
- Cream of broccoli soup, cut up veggies with dip, apple slices x 3
- Baked potato, salad, apple sauce x 1
- Black bean salad, sweet potato, home canned pears x 2
- Salmon, rice, cabbage, kale x 1
- Kale & Potato bake, sausage, salad, brussel sprouts x 2
- Soya bolognaise, salad, veggies x 2
- Artichoke dip, sweet potato fries, stir fry veggies x 1
- Stirfry with rice, salad x 1
I hope with a little more thought skin wise I’m in for a good week and next week can go back to normal
I hope your week is full of good eats too!