This is the final installment of the series and I hope that this last part has some tougher but long lasting tips which can really change your life! For parts 1-90 please see here!
92. Realize that in life your choices have both short term and long term consequences. Choosing to buy a house that is more lavish, may short term make you strapped for cash but long term may make you face bankrupcy!
93. Play the would I rather game. I often ask myself, would I rather go out to eat each week and go to the cinema each week or adopt a child in five years. Yes, five years of movies & meals out = the cost of 1 international adoption!
94. Write down what you are thankful for! I honestly believe that people feel entitled or hard done by because they do not see the small blessings in their lives. You can write these down each day or each week or when you are struggling. But understand this, you are blessed!
95. Go and see real suffering and do something to help! I have seen babies die because their parents could not afford antibiotics for ear infections and chest infections. I have held dying child in my arms and felt my heart break into 1 million pieces. I will NEVER feel like I am hard done by, or like I need more money or like I can’t solve the world’s problems so why try doing anything. I know that with sacrifice, hard work, determination and a joyful heart we can ALL make a difference and change our lives in the process! If you are going on holiday somewhere where there is suffering, commit to spending even a couple of days volunteering. It will change your life!
96. Give! Seriously when you have to budget to give, to sponsor children, to give to great charities, you become more organized with your money!
97. Get over all the reasons you can’t do something and do something you can! For years I was stuck in the bondage of making excuses about what I couldn’t do, instead I needed to realize what I could do. Each step of doing a little bit more got me towards a place of major transformation!
98. Get healing! I believe many people spend to cover up massive holes in their lives, poor self-esteem, a lack of understanding of their needs and feelings and they look to the wrong place to make themselves feel better. Shopping may give you a short term high but you will crash! Find other ways to relax, find joy and rest your soul!
99. Turn off the media! I have stopped watching shows like Relocation Relocation and reading certain newspapers. I honestly see myself begin to slip and think “why does everyone else have more money than me” or “why does money come so easy to those who only want to spend on themselves”. These thoughts are not right, they are not loving and pull me away from the life I have chosen, who I am and my faith.
100. Get Faith! I have been totally transformed since I became a Christian, my wants and desires have completely changed. I read in a very good secular money book a long time ago the tip to “find God” because those people are happier and have more control of their finances. Faith has transformed my life!
And there you go the end of the series! However, I have so many more tips at some point I might make it 150 ways to save money! Thank you to everyone who posted this on forums and on their blogs, I’m glad so many found it a blessing. These tips alone save me THOUSANDS a year, for all those trying to simplify remember each day you are 1 step closer!